Opinion: Should seniors get out early

Nearing the end of the school year (for seniors at least) the question “Should seniors get out early?” rises.  At Lakewood High School, the seniors get out 2 weeks earlier than the rest of the students. The seniors take their final exams during the regular school week, so they don’t interfere with the rest of the students. But should this stay true?

Why do the seniors get out early?

Maybe because they have been done with high school since the beginning of this year. Or maybe because their teachers can’t deal with any more missing assignments. Maybe because since we have been in high school for four years we finally get a “break”. Although I don’t constitute two weeks as a “break”, but we’ll take all that we can get.

Is it fair to the rest of the students?

1) We have been in school much longer. 2) Because we have already been accepted into college or know what we are doing the next school year. We have nothing to do now but wait a couple months until we are able to move on. 3) We don’t need any more school credits, and if you have alright grades even failing the final won’t hurt you.

So in summary yes, I think it is fair to the rest of the students.

The seniors have given up on school since the first day of senior year. This happens every year. And I haven’t really done any work in the past 3-4 weeks. So in reality I should’ve gotten out of school last month.