Third Straight Finals

On a rainy Thursday night the Cleveland Cavaliers played in Game 5 against the Boston Celtics. They finally did what they were supposed to and close the Celtics out. It took 5 games instead of 4 this time. The Cavs moved the ball very well and Lebron had 35 points and shot 72% from the field. Also he passed Michael Jordan for 1st all time in points in the playoffs. They ended the series strong and now they move on to the Golden State Warriors who swept the Spurs and have had a couple of extra rest days.

This is the first time in NBA history that two teams have met in the finals 3 consecutive years. In 2015 the Warriors beat the Cavs in 6 games but Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving were both injured. Lebron still managed to carry a below average team to 6 games. Last year the Cavs won in 7 games coming back from a 3-1 lead that the Warriors had. Lebron had a signature block and Kyrie had a clutch fade away 3 with a minute left.

Now, this finals matchup is a little different. Both teams got better through the season. The warriors on the 4th of July got Kevin Durant while during the season the Cavs picked up Kyle Korver, Deron Williams and Andrew Bogut at the end of the season but Bogut got injured 50 seconds in to the game and he’s out for the rest of the season. In the regular season the Cavs and Warriors split the season series 1-1. We are in for a treat this next month.