Pittsburghs Penguins Take Game 1

Last night, the Pittsburgh Penguins took game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final against the Nashville Predators. It was a very good game as a back and forth scoring matchup. The Penguins won 5-3 as they had the final 2 goals in the final minute of the game as it was tied 3-3 in the 3rd period.

The game started out with 3 goals from the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 1st period of the game. The game seemed to be over by then. Malkin got the first goal (Assistant Captain) at 15:32. A minute later, Conor Sheary scored a goal. At 19:37, Nick Bonino scored the 3rd goal and it seemed to be over.

The second period was only one goal and it went to the Nashville Predators. It seemed to give them life for the 3rd period as they would soon tie the game up in the final minutes. Ryan Ellis in the power play at 8:21 scored the goal for them assisted by Mike Fisher.

The 3rd period was a classic hockey shoot-out. The Nashville Predators scored at 10 minutes in the 3rd period. Colton Sissons on the power play to make it 3-2. 3 minutes later Frederick Gaudreau scored the tying goal to make it a stellar matchup. In the final minutes, Pittsburgh Forward Jake Guentzel scored the goal to take the lead 4-3. The Predators had to take their Goalie out to score at all possible.

Unfortunately, the Penguins scored at an open net with a lucky half court dime. The clock ran out and it was over. 5-3 final score as the Penguins take game 1 in the Stanley Cup.