College Process

Teacher grading papers

Attention! All seniors that are planning on attending college you should begin looking and applying to colleges.  You should have already began making you FAFSA ID, for federal student aid that is free to sign up for.  The opening date to apply is October 1st.

The first step in the “college process” is taking your ACT and/or SAT.  If you haven’t already, then sign up for one in your counselors office. The next testing date for the ACT is October 28th and registration deadline is September 22nd. The next upcoming SAT test is October 7th which would include a late registration fee.

These scores are very important for applying to college.  Once you’ve completed your ACT or SAT and FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) then go ahead and begin applying to colleges that you would like to attend.

There are essays that go along with the application.  They are usually about getting to know you. Be sure to be honest and make it the best that you can.

Typically, there is a general fee for most applications.  Most deadlines are by November 1st.

The next step to college is scholarships.  You can apply for scholarships for pretty much anything.  Talk to your counselor or go online to look for scholarships.  Through the process of everything, be sure to stay organized and calm.  College is a fresh start and new experience for everyone.

Have fun and enjoy it!