Apple’s 2017 Keynote

On Tuesday, September 12th, Apple had its keynote event where they announced all their new products coming out in 2017, and while in the past years this event has been pretty disappointing, this year, the ten-year anniversary from the original iPhone’s release, was pretty exciting.

They opened the event by announcing the Steve Jobs Theater, where the event was held. Next moving onto retail, where they plan to improve their shops into more of a community, having classes and demonstrations there in the near future, now calling their stores “town squares”. They moved onto Apple TV, where they upgraded their version of the Firestick to have even more shows and services, now offering 4k. Next up was the Apple Watch, getting a new OS in WatchOS 4 for all Apple Watch owners, plus a New Series 3 Watch with cellular built into the watch, so you don’t have to be tethered to your phone at all times to use it. Of course this watch comes in a variety of colors with an endless combination of bands to go alone with it.

But we all know the most exciting part of these announcements are the iPhones, which have seen some major changes this year. They started with the new iPhone 8/8+, which is a fully glass phone, front and back, with the most durable glass in a phone yet. These phones are still just water-resistant, but with a better seal than the iPhone 7’s, come with 25% louder speakers, a better camera, wireless charging, and also include a new retina display, which is supposed to be brighter and more colorful. Talking about color, this phone comes in silver, space grey, and gold. Pre-orders for this phone are already underway, with the phone officially coming out the 22nd.

then the newest device was announced–the iPhone X. It features all the features of the iPhone 8, plus a new super retina display with a OLED screen, that covers the entire front of the phone. This removes the home button and touch ID, so to sign into your phone Apple came up with a new technology– face ID. When you look at your phone, it scans your face and unlocks. With this new technology, Apple also introduced a new Emoji that you can animate with your face, called Animoji.

This Keynote announced a few new devices, sparking an exciting couple of years for Apple fans around the world.