Community Cup Winners: Lakewood Boys Soccer

The boys’ soccer team went down the street to St. Edwards for their annual Community Cup game on Tuesday September, 26th 2017. The undefeated JV played first at six o’clock and varsity followed at eight. The stands were packed with many excited but nervous fans.

The junior varsity boys came from behind to win 2-1! Goals scored by Julian Kieres and Ben Merriner. They move 10-0 on the season. The varsity boys on the other hand started the game off strong. Brennan Foran #2 with the first goal in the first half. Putting Lakewood on top with the score 1-0.  All of the fans went crazy jumping up and down screaming! The second goal was scored by Malvin Gblah #3 with 19:16 left in the second half, securing the team with 2 two goals on the board. Goalie #1 George Hericks with a shutout game and 9 saves against the Eagles. The boys went into the game ready to win and have fun. “The feeling after beating St. Eds was surreal. It was a great accomplishment and a goal that we  seniors sat at the beginning of the year. The game was one to remember, playing against my brother, getting to lift the cup, and seeing the student body come out to support us. 9/25/17 will always be a night to remember!” said Attila Nagy.

At the end of the night, both JV and Varsity boys were very excited to have finally brought the Community Cup “home”. Let’s continue cheering on the boys soccer team and be at the next home game against Cleveland Heights next Monday October 2nd, 2017. #WeShowUp