Wednesday September 27, 2017

The following college & military recruiters will be visiting LHS this week.

Today – UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON – 11:10 – 11:50

UNIVERSITY OF AKRON – 12:20 – 1:20

Tomorrow – U.S. ARMY – 10:24 – 1:22pm (in ATHLETIC HALLWAY)

Juniors and seniors are encouraged to meet with the College Representatives in the LRC.  Students must obtain a pass from their classroom teacher if intending to visit during class.

Seniors – Ripcho Studios will be at LHS next Monday, October 2nd to take the senior panoramic picture.  We have order forms available in the new bookroom.

A reminder about the exciting scholarship opportunities from the Cleveland Browns Foundation. The Browns and College Now, partner to provide 2 four year renewable scholarships of $2,500 per year. The deadline to apply is Oct. 1st.  Please see the application link and eligibility requirements in Naviance or the copy of the information outside of Guidance.

This week is Spirit Week…

Today is Favorite Sports Team day

Thursday is America day

Friday is Class Colors day – freshman/RED, sophomores/YELLOW, juniors/WHITE, seniors/PURPLE and staff/BLACK

Although we love having you show your school spirit, you still must meet dress code.

Model UN will meet at 5:30 tonight in room C314.  Questions see Dr. G.

Please support the girls’ tennis team by going to Angelo’s today.  Take out or dine in at any time tomorrow from 11:00 AM to midnight.

Do you like to read or hang out at the library?  The librarians of Lakewood Public Library will be stopping by LHS tomorrow to talk about fall programs and new books.  They will be presenting during all lunch periods in the LRC.  Come to the library tomorrow to find out what is happening for teens at Lakewood Public library.

All juniors who are currently signed up to take the PSAT on Oct. 11th must come to the LRC during his or her lunch period tomorrow to complete the PSAT preregistration.  If you are a junior who is currently signed up to take the PSAT on Oct. 11th and you do not have a lunch period, you must ask your 4th – 7th period teacher to write you a pass to the LRC to complete the PSAT preregistration tomorrow.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Mini Burritos $1.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50