Thursday September 28, 2017

The Bookroom is selling $4.00 student tickets for the Homecoming football game tomorrow night.  Tickets at the door are $6.00 and please note that bags and book bags are not permitted in the stadium during athletic events. Please do not bring these items or you will not be able to gain access to the event. Additionally, LHS & Middle School students must have their school IDs in order to get into the stadium and be able to produce the ID upon request.

Are you thinking about what you want to do after high school?  Trying to find the right career for you? The military’s ASVAB Career Exploration program offers students a no-cost, no-obligation opportunity for career exploration and education planning.  ASVAB is a service project conducted by the U.S. armed forces for the general public.  Your results are not shared with the armed forces.  Find the plan that’s right for you and signup for the ASVAB program in room B-101 or talk to your guidance counselor.  ASVAB testing is on Wednesday, October 11th.  The sign-up deadline is Friday, October 6th.

If you are planning a career in the military, the ASVAB is the actual entrance exam for acceptance into the armed forces.

Do you like to read or hang out at the library?  The librarians of Lakewood Public Library will be stopping by LHS today to talk about fall programs and new books.  They will be presenting during all lunch periods in the LRC.  Come to the library today to find out what is happening for teens at Lakewood Public library.

Rory Meehan, Ahmed Alhanash, and Erin Mullen needs to see Mr. Stelter in room C216 before the end of the school day today.

Today the – U.S. ARMY is visiting LHS from 10:24 – 1:22pm (in ATHLETIC HALLWAY)

Seniors – Ripcho Studios will be at LHS next Monday, October 2nd to take the senior panoramic picture.  We have order forms available in the new bookroom.

A reminder about the exciting scholarship opportunities from the Cleveland Browns Foundation. The Browns and College Now, partner to provide 2 four year renewable scholarships of $2,500 per year. The deadline to apply is Oct. 1st.  Please see the application link and eligibility requirements in Naviance or the copy of the information outside of Guidance.

Tomorrow is Class Colors day – freshman/RED, sophomores/YELLOW, juniors/WHITE, seniors/PURPLE and staff/BLACK

Although we love having you show your school spirit, you still must meet dress code.  Spirit week will culminate with a pep rally beginning at 8th period tomorrow, the spirit parade will step off from Lakewood Park at 5:30 PM, the crowning of homecoming royalty during pregame, an exciting football game and then on Saturday the homecoming dance!

All juniors who are currently signed up to take the PSAT on Oct. 11th must come to the LRC during his or her lunch period today to complete the PSAT preregistration.  If you are a junior who is currently signed up to take the PSAT on Oct. 11th and you do not have a lunch period, you must ask your 4th – 7th period teacher to write you a pass to the LRC to complete the PSAT preregistration today.

Art Club is today, in room B206. Come after school from 3:00 to 4:00 to help finish homecoming decorations. There will be snacks!  Again, Art Club is today after school, help with homecoming decorations and get snacks!

A reminder that you only have until 3:30 today to purchase homecoming tickets for $20.00 and you must have a completed signed permission form.  No tickets will be sold tomorrow or at the dance!  Also, decorating committee and art club members, you must turn in a signed permission form in to the bookroom today, otherwise you will not be permitted into the dance.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Hot & Spicy Chicken & Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50