Calling all Disney Fans: Expect New Movies!

A few times a year, the Box Office explodes with dollars from new Disney films. Fans are always anticipating the next movie, saving up to take their families and friends on a trip to the cinema to watch a humorous, child-friendly picture.

Now, there is plenty of time to plan ahead for viewing new Disney movies in theater, because the company has released its list of new films that will come out between now and the next few years.

As for the remainder of this year, the website Parents reports that the movie Coco, based off of the Mexican Day of the Dead holiday, is expected to grace the big screen in November. Viewers will have the opportunity to view a short film (a companion to the motion picture Frozen), called Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, before the movie itself. The ever-popular Star Wars series will also be added to with the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi on December 15, 2017.

Jumping into 2018, Disney has planned a live-action version of 101 Dalmations, called Cruella, that is based around the villain of the story. Gigantic will also be released next year- a retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk- along with a long-awaited sequel to The Incredibles, along with a new Wreck-It Ralph film and many others, including Mary Poppins Returns.

Two years into the future, we will be flooding into movie theaters for a live-action Dumbo movie, a new version of the story of our favorite, big-eared elephant, according to This is Insider, along with a similar version of the Lion King. Although many thought that the Toy Story saga was over, a fourth film is expected to be released in 2019 along with a Frozen sequel.

Clearly, there are a great number of movies to be expected from Disney in the next few years, including long-anticipated sequels and live-actions versions of our favorite films. From Mary Poppins Returns to Frozen 2 to the Lion King, there is something for all generations and types of people to enjoy between now and 2019.