The Spooky Pooch Parade

With the October month and weather rolling around, people in Lakewood are looking for fall-related activities around their town. From pumpkin spices to apple picking, we all are trying to find ways to celebrate sweater weather coming in-and there may be an adorable solution.

The spooky pooch parade is coming up on its tenth year in Lakewood, which is shocking, never hearing about it myself. Sponsored by Drug Mart, this free event is held on Saturday, October 21st and starts at Kauffman Park, where festivities begin at 12:30. This includes fun games, entertainment, both dog and human vendors, and lots of Halloween costumes. Then at 2:00 the parade begins, with all the costumed canines and their loving owners walk down the heart of downtown Lakewood, Detroit Avenue. After the parade at 3:15, a group of judges hands out awards, such as best dog & child, best dog & adult, best dog & group, spookiest pooch, and best in show.

If you would like to get you and your furry friend all costumed up and march in the parade, registration cost $10 beforehand and $15 the day of per dog, but all humans walk for free. You can register online using the link at the bottom of this article. All proceeds go to LakewoodAlive, a nonprofit organization running many other events in Lakewood.

So whether you are looking for an adorable outing, an excellent way to show off you and your dog’s costume, or just an all-around fun time, the spooky pooch parade is for you.

Link to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spooky-pooch-parade-2017-tickets-36559050103