Thursday October 19, 2017

Attention Students – Being on-time is a critical component to being successful in every
    walk of life. Please note that beginning November 1 st , if you are not in your 1 st period
    classroom by 8:00am you will receive a detention. If you need assistance developing
    and/or identifying strategies that will assist you in being on-time, see your guidance
    counselor or House Principal.

Do you love the performing arts? More importantly, do you hate Mr. Farinelli’s
    ponytail? Throughout the rest of October, we will be collecting donations towards the
    new performing arts facilities. Whoever brings in the most money gets to cut Mr.
    Farinelli’s hair! Questions? See Mr. Farinelli and his ponytail in the Black Box Studio
    Theatre.

All students are invited to train to be a tutor and provide help with homework for
    English Language Learners with Asian Services in Action Tuesdays and Thursdays
    after school at Emerson Elementary.  Sign up at the H2O office for the training
    session today after school at Emerson Elementary.

Any athletes interested in mentoring an 8 th grader for Buddy Day, please stop by the
    athletic office to pick up a registration form.

The weight room will be closed until further notice.

Barnstormers Drama Club is putting on its first performance in the new studio theatre!
    William Shakespeare’s Macbeth will be performed today thru Saturday:
    Today at 7:30, tomorrow at 4:00pm, & Saturday at 2:30 and 7:30. Tickets can be
    purchased for $5.00 in the Book Room.

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your sweetest how much they mean to
    you. Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 21. How are you going to celebrate it? Why
    not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member during any lunch period. Today is
    the last day that you can purchase carnations for just $1. Carnations can also be
    purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202. The flowers and cards will be delivered
    to your first period class tomorrow. Buy your carnations today celebrate love and
    friendship!

Attention all students still holding on to those Golden Tickets!  Make sure to get them
    turned in this morning.  There will be an end-of- the-quarter drawing for $25 gift cards!
    Tickets can be turned into any house office, the main office, LRC, or guidance office.

Are you interested in being a Rotary foreign exchange student?
    Find out more about short and long term programs today, at 3, right after school, in the
    first floor outdoor atrium.

Attention all boys interested in playing Lakewood High School basketball this year.
    There will be an informational meeting in Lec Hall 2 today at 3pm. This meeting will
    discuss all tryout procedures and other necessary items regarding boys' basketball this season.

Training for ASIA tutors is today after school at Emerson Elementary.  Enter through
    the west doors and meet us in the LRC upstairs.

It’s time to sign up for Pumpkin Palooza, the best kids' Halloween carnival in the Wood,will be held October 28 th  at Garfield Middle School.  Make some spooky fun for little
    ones and raise money for hunger relief agencies in Lakewood.

There will be a meeting Wednesday, November 1 st at 3:15pm in the new wrestling
    room for all students interested in joining the wrestling team.

Attention: There will be a meeting held next Monday, October 23 rd after school at 3:30
    in the LHS Cafeteria for any girls interested in playing basketball this year.  Forms and
    other important information will be handed out in preparation for the upcoming tryouts
    being held on October 27 th and 28 th .

The Girls Indoor Track and Field Team will have a sign up meeting after school
    on Monday Oct. 30 in Lecture Hall 1. See Coach Toole in Lecture Hall 3 if you have
    any questions.

The following colleges are visiting LHS this week:
    Today – Oberlin College – 11:30
    Tomorrow – Baldwin Wallace College – 10:24

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chipotle Wrap $3.50
    Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50