Monday November 13, 2017

This is a reminder that as of November 1, 2017, if you are not in your 1st period classroom by 8:00 AM, you will receive a detention.

The weight room will be closed until further notice.

The Class of 2019 will be collecting money during 3° all of this week November 13th thru the 17th for “Hope for the Holidays”.  The class that raises the most money will win the first place prize of a food party of their choosing and the warm fuzzy feeling knowing that this donation drive will help to feed 300 Lakewood families this Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Attention seniors, the Jostens representatives will be back at LHS this Wednesday, to take cap and gown orders during lunch periods in the Book Room.

Seniors!  Stop by the Bookroom any day this week, today thru Friday to sign up to be an Elf for Toys for Tots.

Club Interact, the high school affiliate of Rotary International, invites all interested students, and the exchange students, to our November breakfast meeting tomorrow at 7:30am in Madame Braquets’ room A125. Also, we will have a Chipotle fundraiser that will take place at the Lakewood Chipotle Wednesday, from 4-8. Be sure to mention Interact or Shelterbox to the cashier….All proceeds will benefit Shelterbox USA!

Past and present students of French class, if interested, a trip to France is being offered over spring break!  Please see Madame Braquet for more details!

October is LGBTQ history month, but Club Identity & History Club have come together to observe it today!  Join us after school in C219 to test your knowledge about the Stonewall riots and play a fun game of Jeopardy!  You’re sure to learn a lot!

If you are in a math class, listen up. Math Study Tables will be held tomorrow afternoon in Ms. Sandor’s room B314, from 3-3:30pm.  Anyone is welcome!

Auditions for the Winter One Act Play Festival are Monday, November 20th from 3:00-5:00pm in the Black Box Studio Theatre.  Stop by the theatre this week for an audition packet!

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 2nd.  As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, we are partnering w/Plantation Home owner David Stein, to provide two $500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. This scholarship celebrates community service, pride in Lakewood, and a commitment to further strengthening the community.  Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Guidance office.  Applications must be emailed to [email protected] by November 16, 2017 that’s this Thursday at 5:00pm or mailed to (must be postmarked 11/16/2017):

LakewoodAlive

Attn:  LUL Queen & King Scholarship

14701 Detroit Ave., #LL10

Lakewood, OH 44107

Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Cheesy Pretzels .75¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50