First Game in New Gym

On December 1st, the first game in the new Lakewood High School gym will be played. The boys basketball team will be taking on St. Edwards with the varsity game tipping off at 7:15 p.m.  The destruction and construction of the new gym started back in 2014 and after the past three years it is finally ready and set for the upcoming seasons.

Unfortunately the gym was not ready in the fall for this years volleyball season, but last week both the girls and boys basketball were able to begin practicing in the gym. The weight room has not been completed yet, but finishing touches are being done. The weight room should be all ready for use in the next week or the week to follow, and will start to be open to the public in January.

The girls 2017-2018 basketball season started in full swing on Saturday, November 25th as the took on an out of conference game against Wadsworth. The girls play their first six games away and will get geared up to play on the new Lakewood court on December 16th against Olmsted Falls. The boys will kick off their season tomorrow and will be at the new home gym for their first four games.

On November 30th there will be a Ranger Rally, open for anyone to come check out the new gym, weight room, wrestling room, the new track, and kick off the new winter sports season. All the winter sports team seniors will be introduced followed by events performed by some of the teams.