Burke Fortner

Burke Fortner

Burke Fortner is a senior at Lakewood High School. Burke has participated in both swimming and baseball all four years he has been at the school. Fortner is one of the swim teams captains this year.

Burke is a friendly and funny person. He has great leadership skills and works hard in school. Fortner is going to do great in whatever he decides to do next year. I got the chance to ask Burke some questions, they are listed down below.

Q: What sports do you play?

A: ” I am currently in my third and final swim season. In this senior season I am a captain which is very pleasing. Later in the year I will be playing my final season of baseball. I am very excited for this up coming season, the expectations are high as we plan to be successful.”

Q: What is your favorite class at LHS and why?

A: ” I think my favorite class would have to be Writing for College. The class itself is enjoyable as it allows you to write what you actually like. Also I like this class because the teacher, Mr. Ebner, makes the class fun!”

Q: What is your favorite thing about Lakewood?

A: ” My favorite thing about Lakewood is how close the community is with each other. Even though this city has roughly 52,000 citizens it has a small town feeling. I also really like the diversity within Lakewood as the city allows me as well as others to become more well-rounded.”

Q: What advice would you give underclassmen?

A: ” Stay dedicated in your work especially during your freshman and sophomore year.”

Q: What are your plans for the future?

A: ” Next year I will be attending Arizona State University. I plan on majoring in finance at the W.P. Carey School of Business.”

Q: Are you excited about next year?

A: ” Yes, I am most excited about finding opportunity to succeed, meeting new people, and seeing new places.”