Meghan Markle: A Hollywood Princess

Suits actress, Meghan Markle, will soon be trading pencil skirts and her career for evening gowns and tiaras with the recent engagement to Prince Harry of Wales. After a year and a half of courtship,  the couple announced their engagement on November 27th, 2017. The Prince and Markle were first spotted hand-in-hand February of 2017–successfully concealing their relationship for a solid six months.

In a recent interview with CNN, the couple states their love was kindled on a blind date set up by a mutual friend. Sparks flew instantly as they went on “back to back dates ” and were constantly finding “the gaps” to meet with each other in the midst of their juxtaposing schedules. “It was just choice,” states Markle, “we realized we were going to commit to each other…to invest the time, the energy to be together.” Successfully, the couple never went two weeks, during the courtship, without seeing each other.

Markle has confirmed that she is giving up her acting career following her engagement. The 36-year-old revealed her decision, explaining, “I just see it as a change…It’s a new chapter, right? ” She is due to leave her own country and start work with the United Nations and other philanthropic organization. Once Markle ties the knot, she will transmission into a new role–becoming the Duchess of Sussex.

Though an outspoken advocate for social and racial issues, she will no longer be able to partake in politics. Royals are forbidden from discussing specific political views publicly, much less vote in elections.

Meghan Markle will no longer be just Megan, Meg, or Rachel form “Suits” but rather Royal Highness Princess of Wales or Dutchess of Sussex.