Lakewood’s Boys Basketball Is Making Their Statement This Year

Lakewoods Boys Basketball Is Making Their Statement This Year

The Lakewood Boys Basketball team has been proving to teams that they are one of the best teams in the area. If you had asked people they might have doubted that 11 games in the Rangers would be (9-2) and one of the top 25 teams in Northeast Ohio. Led by the Senior’s Jacob Sala, Noah Stadler, Liam Doup, Andy Garcia, Jay Boyd, Evan Budzar and Raekwon Winfield.

The Rangers started off the season going up against St.Ed’s. Even though the Rangers were playing well, St.Ed’s came on top. The next day in practice the guys were really motivated to work harder and push themselves even more. The following Tuesday, Lakewood played Massillon Washington. A team that was figured to be doing really well this season. When they came to Lakewood , the Rangers had beat Massillon 60-44.

The Rangers then were entering the conference games, with their first game against the Steele. The Boy’s had beat them 77-35. After that game, they had a Berea Mid-Park. They beat Berea 42-34. Then came the biggest challenge of the season. The Rangers were playing a top 25 team in Olmsted Falls. Lakewood went to Olmsted Falls confident since they were on a 3 game winning streak. Unfortunately, the Bulldogs came on top 41-38. The Rangers came to practice the next day and worked even harder. They were motivated to beat them the next time they played them. They then went on to play Avon Lake (64-52), John Marshall (49-47), North Olmsted (73-52), Avon (53-40), Midview (53-43) and North Ridgeville (61-42).  The Rangers ended the halfway point in the season (9-2) second in the conference and ranked 22 in Northeast Ohio. _