The Tide Pod Challenge

The Tide Pod Challenge

Have you heard of the Tide Pod Challenge? This challenge involves anyone of any age sticking a tide pod into their mouth, and eating it. This challenge has become a YouTube sensation for all of the wrong reasons. No one really knows how or why it started, it just kind f happened. Millions of people from all around are trying this challenge in order to get views on YouTube, get attention, or just to be funny.

I personally think this challenge is ridiculous and dangerous. A recent article was published stating that more adults have died from eating a tide pod, on purpose, than a child accidentally swallowing one. This challenge is incredibly dangerous. YouTube has stated that they are going to delete and take down all of the videos that have anything to do with this challenge. Poison control centers have be able to link at least 39 international death cases to a teenager eating a tide pod in the first 2 weeks of 2018 alone.  don’t know why anyone would want to do that to themselves, especially knowing the risks. Now, it doesn’t always end in death, but there are plenty of other unfavorable symptoms that have been linked to the tide pods. A few are throat irritation, coughing and gagging (which occur as the tide pod busts open). If you swallow the tide pod, it could then cause burns to the esophagus and stomach as well as gastrointestinal distress. If you end up inhaling the pod while swallowing/vomiting, it could cause serious respiratory distress.

I personally feel that none of this is worth a couple of views on YouTube or a couple of followers on Instagram. Who knows, Tide Pods could be your very last meal, and that’s not what i would want to eat for the last time.