Lindsey Vonn is Back

After not competing in the 2014 Olympics in Sochi, due to an injury, Lindsey Vonn is back and hoping to make history at the 2018 Olympic Games.

In 2014, Lindsey suffered two torn ligaments in her right knee that put her out of competing for 10 months. Lindsey said she was devastated but that she would do everything she could to become strong enough to compete in the next World Championships in Vail. “In looking ahead, I have every ounce of confidence that Lindsey will be in the starting gate next World Cup season ready to compete,” said Bill Marolt, the CEO and president of the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association. “She knows the hard work it takes to get to the top and still has significant goals to achieve in what has been an incredible career.”

Lindsey has overcome her injuries and will be competing in the 2018 Olympics, held in South Korea. Lindsey is currently the most successful ski racer in history and doesn’t plan to give that title up just yet. Vonn has compiled 78 World Cup wins (more than any other female in history) and is looking to pass, Ingemar Stenmark. Stenmark has the all-time record for World Cup skiing at 86 wins.

Those who plan on watching the Olympics this year.. keep an eye out on Lindsey Vonn!