Justin Timberlake’s Super Bowl Halftime Show

Last Sunday, the country gathered around their television sets, eating shockingly unhealthy amounts of food, wearing their favorite football jersey, getting ready for footballs biggest event of the year—the Super Bowl.

Now I’m not going to lie to you, I don’t really like sports. Watching big men hurt each other really isn’t my thing, but I also can’t say I’m not excited to watch the Super Bowl each year. It is fun getting together, eating the most unhealthy foods we could find, and getting loud about a team that isn’t ours (and probably won’t be any time soon). I honestly get the most excited to watch the commercials and of course, the halftime show.

Branded, “Music’s biggest performance of the year”, whoever plays the Super Bowl halftime show will be launched into the public eye for the rest of the year. In celebration of his new album, Man of the Woods, Justin Timberlake was chosen this year. Singing a melody of his most popular songs during the 13 minute performance, including “Cry Me A River,” “Suit & Tie,” “SexyBack,” “Senorita,” “Mirrors,” and “My Love.” Timberlake also included some of his new hits, such as  “Can’t Stop The Feeling” and “Filthy.”

But the biggest controversy since Timberlake’s famous 2004 Super Bowl performance with Janet Jackson, was his performance of Prince’s “I Would Die 4 U.” While at the time, the songs seemed very emotional appropriate, with Prince’s home town being Minnesota, where the Super Bowl was being held, but later an interview was found of Prince in 1998 saying he “despised the use of holograms”, with a big projection of him being played before Timberlake.

But no matter what, Timberlake performed an entertain break from all the action of the Super Bowl.