Tuesday February 13, 2018

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your Valentine how much they mean to you. Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. How are you going to celebrate it? Why not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member.  Today is the last day to purchase carnations for $1 during all lunch periods. Carnations can also be purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202 or any Key Club member. The flowers and cards will be delivered to your first period class tomorrow. Buy your carnations today for your Valentine and celebrate love and friendship!

Are you looking for some fun and excitement?  Come to the Westshore Young Leaders high school lock in at the Westlake Rec Center on February 23rd from 8:30 pm to 2 am.  The cost is $10 for fun activities such as movies, sports, dancing, and food.  If you are interested, please come to guidance to get a permission form. Bring your friends to this fun event!

There will be a Boys Outdoor Track sign up meeting this Thursday at 3:15 in Lecture Hall 2.  All interested in joining the boys Track team for the spring should attend this meeting.

Are you tough enough to brave the shave?  Join us this Thursday, February 15th at 3:10 in C216, to hear more about our St. Baldrick’s fundraiser coming up in March.  This meeting is open to all students and staff…Go bald for a good cause!

Attention Seniors, if you are interested in representing your class and speaking at commencement, sign up in the bookroom or outside room C215. Tryouts will take place on March 20th, at 3:15pm in room C215. If you have questions, see Mr. Lamphear in C215.

A great volunteer opportunity is coming up Friday afternoon.  Meet at the Westerly Apartment complex to deliver groceries door to door to senior citizens.  Sign up outside the H2O office in the cafeteria.  Bring a friend and deliver together!

All girls interested in playing fast pitch softball, tryouts are Monday, February 19th at Harrison Elementary School gym at 1:30 pm and Tuesday, February 20th at Harrison Elementary school gym at 3:30 pm.

The Lakewood Police Dept. is holding our youth basketball tournament on Saturday, March 3rd, at Harding Middle School.  5th graders from the 7 elementary schools will compete in a single elimination tournament.  The first game is at 9am and the championship game is at 2pm.  This is free to the public.  We partner with the Lakewood Community Services Center to collect food, hygiene, and monetary donations, to help the less fortunate.  Donations can be made all day.  Prizes are raffled off at the championship game with any donated item.  You need not be present to win.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Chicken Ranch & Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50

Also, new to the cafeteria…an Iced Coffee Bar!  Stop by during lunch periods today for a sampling.