Monday March 26, 2018

Seniors!  Just a reminder that the following scholarships are available:  $500 from OAPSE 129 and $500 available to anyone majoring in education at college next year from the Lakewood Teachers association.  Please go to the guidance office for more information.

Shoguns and Samurai–the great warrior class of ancient Japan.  Come learn more today, after school in C314 at the LHS history Club event.

Attention Current 10th & 11th Grade Students:

Effective Leadership Academy, Lakewood City Schools and the Chamber of Commerce have partnered together to turn your city into a classroom!

This is a 5-day college and career-readiness program June 11th-15th, where each day is anchored by a central theme, a closely associated leadership skill-set, and a carefully selected location in your community.

Only 50 students will be accepted into this program for 2018. Apply by April 11th to be considered for this exciting opportunity to get to know Lakewood like you never have before!  Questions – See Mr. Siftar

Make sure to pre-order your copy of the 2018 Lakewood High School Cinema as soon as possible to ensure that you receive a yearbook on distribution day. You can either go online at jostens.com or the LHS bookworm.  The current price is $60, but the price will go up after distribution.  Don’t be left out.  Order your copy now!

The U.S. Army will visit LHS today during all lunch periods in the Athletic Hallway.

Pre-Season training for all athletes interested in participating in football for the 2018 season has begun.  Training is every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 3:30 to 5:00pm.  Please contact Coach Thome at [email protected] with any questions. GO RANGERS!

Congratulations to all of those who participated in this year’s Hiram College Emerging Writers Non-Fiction Contest…Special congrats to those who were invited to celebrate their accomplishment on Tuesday, April 3 at Hiram College’s Evening of Hiram Writers.

Finalists:

Nathan Bilski, Nicholas Cleary, Amina Kavishe & Emily Perry

Congrats to Gabby Murray, Taylor Heckel and Nicholas Cleary as they advance to the finals of the Lakewood/Rocky River Rotary Speech Contest on Saturday at the Beck Center. They will each compete today for a spot at the District competition.

Today’s ala cartes in the cafeteria are:

Mini Corn Dogs $2.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50