Key Club of LHS

Key Club at Lakewood High School is a service organization that stems from the Kiwanis Club of Lakewood. The club participates in several events throughout the school year to help around the Lakewood community and to raise money for different groups. The students in the club, along with a few members of the Lakewood Kiwanis Club, meet every Thursday morning in Ms. Stephenson’s room. Anyone is welcome to join!

Throughout the school year, the club has participated in different events around the school and community. Each year the students in the club sell carnations for one dollar for Sweetest Day and Valentines Day to other students and teachers to be sent around with a card. This year, the money raised from the sales was used to be donated to families in need around Lakewood in the form of Giant Eagle gift cards.

The club also hosted the Annual Kiwanis Pizza Bake-Off this past January in the LHS Cafeteria where the people of Lakewood vote to determine the best pizza shops in Lakewood. This event is a huge fundraiser for the Kiwanis Club of Lakewood and the members of Key Club assisted in helping the event run smoothly.

This week the club gathered canned goods for the Providence House in Cleveland. The Providence House is an emergency shelter for women and children that have been abused or neglected. On April 3rd, the Lakewood Kiwanis Club will be holding a birthday party to celebrate the Providence House’s 37 years of service where canned goods along with personal care items will be collected.