Donald Glover’s ‘Deadpool’ Animated Show Cancelled

In the midst of the new Deadpool 2 movie releasing in just a few weeks, many were looking forward to Donald Glover’s animated version of the murk with a mouth, which was set to come out on FX.

Over the weekend, it was announced by the FX production team, due to “creative differences”, will no longer partner with Marvel of the production of this show. Glover confirmed that his packed schedule did not have an effect on the decision, tweeting later that day that, “For the record: i wasnt too busy to work on deadpool.”

Glover than later went on to share the script of one of the shows, entitled “Finale.” This gives the public an incite into what they show was about, and what we missed out on. In the show, Deadpool is tasked with protecting Sudan, the last of a species of Rhino. At some point, Deadpool is paid for his protection in bitcoin, and starts confiding in the rhino. This shows a plot filled with modern references, putting the comedic hero in the place of modern society. These next lines of the show show how the Deadpool character, who always broke the 4th wall—understanding he’s in all the mediums he is in—is still seen in the show, saying, “I don’t know why I’m here either! I think the writer’s just mad. Or bored,” he says. “We’ll find out together I guess.”

Later, Glover said, “You know, I’m not mad about this whole ‘cancelled’ thing. I actually think it’s a good thing. I mean, is it even a good time to have a violent, gun loving white man ranting on TV?”
    He adds: “Other than the PRESIDENT!”