Art Museum’s “Reflective” Upcoming Exhibition

The Cleveland Museum of Art’s next exhibit is one with which we can reflect on. You guessed it, the next exhibit features mirrors!

Starting July 7, and ending at September 30, the Museum will exhibit the works of Yayoi Kusama, a Japanese contemporary artist who works mostly with sculpture, installation, painting, performance, film, fashion, poetry, fiction, and various other forms of art as well.

Kusama’s work is mainly based around the attributions of feminism, surrealism, minimalism. Art Brut (a form of self-taught art), pop art, and abstract expressionism, and is charged with autobiographical, psychological, and sexual content.

The exhibition is called Yayoi Kusama: Infinity Mirrors, in which the exhibit’s primary goal is to honor Kusama’s 65-year career. The exhibition will feature a wide range of Kusama’s works over the years. From her paintings and performances of the 1960s, to her immersive installations and most recent projects, the museum will have it all.

The museum will display some of Yayoi Kusama’s most recent series of paintings like My Eternal Soul. But what people are most excited for is her art featuring mirrors. Kusama created seven rooms called the Infinity Mirror Rooms, and the Cleveland Museum of Art will be showing them all! One of these rooms is the exhibit known as All the Eternal Love I Have for the Pumpkins (see featured image). Consisting of wood, mirror, plastic, black glass, and LED lighting, this room is a must see when visiting the exhibit.

Some other rooms that the Cleveland Museum of Art will showcase is The Obliteration RoomInfinity Mirrored RoomThe Souls of Millions of Light Years Away, and Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity.