Kim Banak

Kim Banak

This week’s person of the week is Kim Banak. Kim is a sophomore at Lakewood High School  who enjoys music and volunteering. Kim has been a part of the Lakewood Ranger Marching Band’s Flag Line since her freshman year. Although she may not play an instrument in the marching band, Kim plays the violin in the Camerata Orchestra at Lakewood High School. Kim has played the violin for the past seven years! She has also been involved with the volunteer group Help to Others since her eighth grade year and has been a part of the Girl Scouts for several years. Recently, she was involved in a production of the Passion Play where Kim portrayed the role of Veronica.

Outside of school, Kim can be found walking her pug or going for bike rides during the summer. She can also be found working at Foster Pool during the summer as a pool attendant or spending time with the Saint Mark’s Youth Group. Kim always looks forward to the Sundays that she is able to spend with her friends in the Saint Mark’s Youth Group where they pray, socialize, or participate in karaoke.

Kim is looking forward to her third year on the Flag Line, going on various college visits, and just enjoying her time at Lakewood High School during her Junior year. She also hopes to become an officer for Student Council within the next year. Although she does not yet know what she plans to do in college, Kim is excited to finally get around to figuring out what her future path will be.