Seager undergoes Tommy John Surgery

On Monday afternoon Corey Seager and the Los Angeles Dodgers dealt with a devastating blow. Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Corey Seager is out for the season. Corey Seager will undergo Tommy John surgery to repair a sprain UCL in his right arm. The dodgers are hoping he will be back and better for the opening game in 2019.

The team has already suffered the lost of their third baseman, the right fielder and now eager the shortstop. Until further notice the Dodgers will be using on of their current out fielders to take his position as shortstop. Chris Taylor is a natural shortstop but  was willingly playing outfield. They do have two other candidates for shortstop for are afraid they don’t stand out enough for an everyday position. Taylor will be continuing got play shortstop until coach finds a better fit.

In the Major Leagues shortstop isn’t the easiest option to fill mid-season. They will start looking for new shortstops in the beginning of summer depending on Seager’s recovery time. Many pitchers who have had tommy John surgery have recovered very well and wasn’t career ending for them so lets ope it the same for Seager.

“I was pretty good through spring, and pretty good through the beginning, but then like I said this weekend I have a few bad throws that really irritated me.”

He was National League Rookie of the Year in 2016 and two-time All Star. We are all hoping he recovers fast and ready to play for the 2019 season.