Matt Ryan and his Mega Millions

Quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, Matt Ryan just signed a five-year extension contract for 150 million dollars. With him signing that deal, he is the first person in the NFL to earn 30 million a year. The deal also guarantees him 100 million dollars by the time his contract is up. Matt Ryan was born on May 17, 1985 in Exton, Pennsylvania. He was always a good athlete and really into sports.

Growing up, his favorite football team was the Philadelphia Eagles. He went on to play college football at Boston College. Matt was drafted in the third in the first round by the Atlanta Falcons.

He has always played for the Falcons. Ryan, who has been in the NFL for 11 years has thrown for a total of 41,796 yards, has 260 touchdowns,126 interceptions, has an overall qb rating of 93.4. The year he was drafted, 2003, he won the rookie of the year award.  He also became the fifth fastest quarterback to get 30,000 passing yards. He achieved that in just 117 games.

In the year of 2016, Ryan won the NFL MVP award and was also Offensive Player of the Year.  That year he completed 69.9 percent of his passes getting 4,944 yards, 38 touchdowns and a 117.1 passer rating. He also owns 20 records for the Atlanta Falcons.

Aside from being a great quarterback, it seems like he is going to be pretty comfortable with such a big contract. Whether he spends it on his wife, kids, or anything else, he’s going to be having a lot of money for a while.