Rory Meehan’s Eastern Conference Finals Preview

The Cleveland Cavaliers will face off in a seven game Eastern Conference Final against their rivals, the Boston Celtics, for a ticket to play in the NBA Finals.  For more than a decade LeBron James has been dominating the East and in his fifteenth season the story is no different.

After beating the Indiana Pacers in a hard series in the first round, the Cavs dominated the number one seed Toronto Raptors, beating them four games to none in the second round.  King James has been doing it all for the Cavaliers, the fourteen time all-star has averaged 34 points, 9.5 rebounds, 9 assists through eleven playoff games which have also included a pair of buzzer-beating, game-winning, buckets.

The Celtics, down their two All-Stars, Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, have made an improbable run to reach the Eastern Conference Finals.  Coach Brad Stevens has led his squad to victory over the Milwaukee Bucks and the Philadelphia 76ers. Rookie Jason Tatum has emerged as a go-to scorer and center Al Horford has held it down in the middle for Boston.

I believe the outcome will be decided by one factor, one team has LeBron James , and the other team doesn’t.  The King has won twenty-four STRAIGHT playoff series in the east and there is no reason to believe that he will miss out on what would be his eighth straight NBA Finals.  The Celtics are a young, talented team but this league still belongs to LeBron and if season fifteen has taught us anything it’s that he is not slowing down anytime soon.