Emily Ruebsteck

Emily Ruebsteck

I finally made it to the end and I couldn’t be more excited. These past four years have been a roller coaster of unforgettable events. From pep rallies, to football games, to homecoming and prom. So many memories that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

One of my best memories has to be prom. Prom is always the one thing that every girl looks forward to for basically their whole life. From dress shopping to getting your hair done, it’s all so exciting. I went with my boyfriend Alex, and it honestly was an unforgettable night. Seeing everyone all dressed up and having the greatest time was so fun.

My absolute favorite memory that I have from high school was my trip to Italy. If you ever have the opportunity to travel with a program, I recommend 100%. It’s the most rewarding experience. I learned so much from my trip. Did you know that Venice is actually made up of 117 islands and 435 bridges? Do you know how to tell the difference between good gelato and bad gelato?

We travelled to over 4 cities and although the bus rides were long and the walks were draining, the experience will stick with me forever.

High School is filled with so many opportunities, especially here at Lakewood. From Westshore programs to clubs and sports, there’s so many options for everyone. I have 4 days left of high school and I regret so many things. I regret not joining a sport. I regret not getting involved in volunteer programs and clubs. I also regret not shadowing one of the Westshore programs I was interested in.

My advice for any underclassmen: Learn from my mistakes and please get involved. Go to football games, go to school dances, join a program you like, and participate in sports. You have so much time left to make the most of your high school experience. Don’t wait until it’s too late.

In the fall, I’m really excited to attend Kent State. I’m not sure what I’m going to study yet but I don’t necessarily need to know that just yet.

This year has been an absolute blast. Working on yearbook was one of my favorite parts of it. I’m extremely excited to see what the future has in store and I hope that whoever reads this gains a little something.