Joe Byczek

Joe Byczek

As my senior year comes to an end I think it is right that I take some time to look back and reflect on the past four years here at Lakewood High. I’m very thankful for all the people who I’ve met along the way. Some people who were lessons and others that are still my best friends to this day.

Looking back on my sports career here at Lakewood, the amount of hard work and dedication I’ve put forth I will never forget. All the coaches that have pushed me and the teammates I’ve met and created great relationships with will also never be forgotten. A piece of advice I would offer anyone still in high school or kids just starting their journey is to take advantage of everything you think about doing. You only get one shot and most likely you won’t regret trying something you never thought you would do.

Even though college, military, and the real adult world is right before our eyes and most of us are going our separate ways, we can still keep our great friendships we built and never forget some great moments here at Lakewood High. All of the football games, homecoming dances, and other sports we did along the way are all things that we’re going to look back on one day and share a great time with one another.

I would like to say thank you to Lakewood High for everything that it has done for me. All the good and the bad that it has shaped me into the person I am today.