Josh Donaldson Traded to Indians

Josh Donaldson Traded to Indians

Huge moves in Cleveland as the third basemen of the Toronto Blue Jays has been traded to the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named later . Josh Donaldson won the 2015 American League MVP and can be a great addition to the Indians’ roster.

Hopefully Donaldson can help lead this already stacked Indians squad to yet another World Series and hopefully win the trophy.

“This is one of the most dynamic players in the game on both sides of the ball when he’s healthy,” Indians president Chris Antonetti said late Friday night. “We think there’s an opportunity for him to get to a point this month where he’ll be playing in games regularly and has a chance to impact us in the postseason.”

Josh Donaldson is 32 years old and has been facing shoulder and calf injuries throughout this season with Toronto. Donaldson has not played since May 28th, but in 36 games, he had a batting average of .234 and has had five home runs and 16 RBIs.

Donaldson has a .327 career batting average against the AL Central — his highest batting average versus any division. The same goes for his 1.066 OPS.

Donaldson is currently undergoing rehabilitation with the Columbus Clippers, the Indians AAA team. He played his first game and hit a grand slam and fans were thrilled on social media. The game he played last Thursday, he hit yet another home run.

The Indians’ front office is most definitely pleased with these outcomes and look forward to October when the Indians will play in the Postseason to get to the World Series and are surely seeking redemption after the 2016 World Series loss.

Once Donaldson is ready, Indians manager Terry Francona will play him at third base, which means the club will move All-Star Jose Ramirez to second and replace Jason Kipnis. Donaldson will be reunited with Indians slugger Edwin Encarnancion, his former teammate in Toronto.

“We had to do our due diligence to make sure we were getting back a player that we felt had a chance to help us,” Antonetti said. “We know we’re taking on some risk with that. But we feel we’ve built that in appropriately with the structure of the deal and spent quite a bit of time talking with the Blue Jays on how we appropriately balance that risk.”

Positive vibes are coming for the Indians who are currently first in our division and third in the AL.

#RallyTogether