Cleveland Browns vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 1

The highly anticipated Cleveland Browns got off to a slightly positive start to their NFL season. The Browns played their rival, the Pittsburgh Steelers in week one of the NFL season. This matchup always seems to be the most anticipated one for the Cleveland Browns fans. Tailgating and getting ready for an NFL Sunday Browns game is always what the fans look forward to each year.

The Browns have a whole new team practically and that is what the hype is all about. Lets start off with the Quarterback. Tyrod Taylor was traded to the Browns in the offseason and he originally played for the Buffalo Bills and was great there.

The Browns also had the first pick in the NFL Draft. They drafted Baker Mayfield from the University of Oklahoma and he led that team to the Rose Bowl and lost to Georgia for college. The Browns finally have two Quarterbacks that can lead a team to a positive season and that is what they always have lacked is a QB.

Week one for the Browns was off to a great start and it hasn’t been like that in 14 years. But they did not win, they tied with the Steelers 21-21 in overtime. A tie might not be a win, but it’s definitely not a loss, which is why the Browns’ 0-0-1 record looks so impressive in Cleveland.

Going into Sunday’s Week 1 game against the Steelers, the Browns had lost 13 openers in a row, meaning that before this year, the team had started 0-1 in every season since 2005.

On the other hand, the game itself last Sunday was a thriller and exciting to watch. The Steelers were up 21-7 going into the fourth quarter. Then the Browns lit it up with two touchdowns in the fourth quarter and tied the game 21-21. The Browns had plenty of chances to win the game as they forced 6 turnovers on the Steelers.

Dealing with the endless rain on Sunday, the Browns fought through it. Wide receiver Josh Gordon made his big return and had a huge touchdown to tie it up. Overtime was back and forth and both teams missed their field goal opportunities to win the game. The highly anticipated game ended in a tie and that was it.

What we can pull from this game is the high hopes remain and Browns fans can live happy knowing the Cleveland Browns are 0-0-1 and not 0-1. Go Browns!

#DawgPound