Jumping Pot Stocks!

Canadian licensed cannabis producer, Aurora Cannabis Inc., recently had a huge jump in stock prices.

Aurora Cannabis was founded in 2013 by Terry Booth, Steve Dobler, Dale Lesak and Chris Mayerson;  the company now has a market value of $4.5 billion. In 2014, the company received its license to grow cannabis, making them the first cannabis producer to obtain a federal license in their province

The stock jump was no coincidence. after news of talks of a THC infused drink, with market powerhouse Coca Cola. They will be the latest company to milk the growing demand for marijuana products.

According to Bloomberg.com,  Coco Cola is interested in drinks infused with CBD, the ingredient in marijuana that treats pain but doesn’t get you high.

Aroras Cannabis’ shares shot up by 23% along with their stock price reaching $8. Last month, Corona beer brewer Constilation Brand Inc. stated it will spend $3.8 billion to increase its stake in the Canadian marijuana producer Canopy Growth corp. that has a value that exceeds $13 billion.

We asked senior Sophia Murphy her thoughts on the idea of marijuana infused drinks. “I think it is cool that Coca Cola is looking into new drinks and exploring a new market, but I don’t know how the sales and marketing of the drink will turn out. I feel like after marijuana is legalized on a federal level, the THC infused drink will be a good idea. I myself probably will not go out and buy a product like this, but I can see it being a good idea in the future,” stated Murphy.

With an increasing popularity of cannabis in Ohio and across America, the idea of a new drink market is very plausible. Marijuana has been legalized in 9 states, and medically used in 30 states.

So, with that, this drink may not be too far off.