Ohio State vs. TCU

The Ohio State Buckeyes played TCU on Saturday September 15th. It was a big game as the Buckeyes overcame a top-15 opponent in Texas.

The game was at AT&T Stadium in the city of Arlington, Texas, also the home of the Dallas Cowboys, an NFL team. Ohio State had a very hard-fought victory 40-28.

Ohio State is ranked 4th in the country and TCU is ranked presently 17th in the country after taking the loss.

Let’s get into it.

To start off the game, Ohio State scored a field goal and was up 3-0 in the first quarter. It was a very slow start to the game but Ohio State got their first points with the field goal. The next scoring went to Ohio State once again on a defensive fumble recovery in the end zone to make the game 9-0.

The kicker made the extra point and made it 10-0 at 7:10 left in the first quarter. TCU later scored a touchdown on a run play at 4:30 left in the first quarter. They made the game closer at 10-7.

That ended the first quarter.

The 2nd quarter began and the game scorewas 10-7  with Ohio State leading the game. TCU scored a 93 yard touchdown on a run play making the score 14-13 after making the extra point.

TCU leads with 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. There was no more scoring in the 2nd quarter and we went into halftime 14-13 with TCU leading.

Bad news for Ohio State as Nick Bosa went to the locker room for an apparent injury. He is presently getting surgery and does not have a time for when he will be back to play. He is one of the best defensive players in the country and hopefully will have a speedy recovery.

Back to the game, 3rd quarter began and TCU scored yet again on a 30 yard run play to make the game 21-13. Later on in the 3rd quarter, Dwayne Haskins throws a pass and scores another touchdown to make it 21-19 TCU still leading.. They went for a 2 point conversion to tie the game and failed to convert.

5 minutes left in the 3rd and Ohio State defensive linemen intercepted the pass and returned it for a touchdown to make the game 26-21 as OSU took the lead.

With 3 minutes left, Haskins threw yet another touchdown and the Buckeyes went up 33-21. TCU did the same thing after and scored a touchdown  — 33-28 OSU leading.

4th quarter was Ohio State locking down TCU and scoring a touchdown making it 40-28.

With lockdown defense from the Buckeyes the whole 4th quarter and Ohio State ended up winning the game with a final score of 40-28.

#GoBucks