Featured Athlete- Hannah Martin

Featured Athlete- Hannah Martin

Hannah Martin is a senior at Lakewood High School. She has been playing volleyball for a whopping eight years! Hannah decided to take her game up a notch and play on a competitive level. She has been doing that for about six years. I was lucky enough to sit down with Hannah myself and got to dive a little deeper into her career.

Q. What are some of your biggest highlights in your career?

A. I have had the privileged of lettering on varsity since my freshman year! I have also made the top ten in the conference for blocks made and aces hit.

Q. What is a long-term goal you have for this sport?

A. I would love to be able to play in college, specifically for Mercyhurst or Kent State University.

Q. How do you manage balancing volleyball and school work?

A. For the most part it really is not that bad, but sometimes it gets tough. I like to do my homework before games and/or on the bus.

Q. Do you participate in any other school activities other than volleyball?

A. Yes, I do. I enjoy playing softball for Lakewood and I am also in the Lakewood Dance Group.

Q. What makes volleyball so enjoyable for you?

A. I love all of the healthy competition this sport brings. and I love having the opportunity to be active five, sometimes six, days of the week! During the season, i always have something to look forward to. I also just love the sport in general.

Q. What is one word you would use to describe yourself on the court and why?

A. Determined. I say this because no matter what goes on, I have never given up. Even at my lowest points, I refused to give up on myself.

Q. What advice would you give to young, growing volleyball athletes?

A. Never give up and play for the team, not yourself. Always be hungry to learn more and have a positive attitude.