Tiger Woods Wins 80th PGA Tour Event

Tiger Woods is a back, everyone. Last Sunday, Tiger Woods went into the final round of the Tour Championship and closed it out with a great round of golf. He shot 71 and made just two birdies, but his closest challengers could not push him.

Tiger has been on a 5 year drought of not winning an event. Those 5 years include Tiger getting a DUI and getting rehab from that. During those 5 years it was tough for Tiger because he had multiple back surgeries.

“Probably the low point was not knowing if I’d ever be able to live pain-free again,” Woods said. “Am I going to be able to sit, stand, walk, lay down without feeling the pain that I was in. I just didn’t want to live that way. This is how the rest of my life is going to be? It’s going to be a tough rest of my life. And so … I was beyond playing. I couldn’t sit. I couldn’t walk. I couldn’t lay down without feeling the pain in my back and my leg. That was a pretty low point for a very long time,” Tiger said in an interview with ESPN.

Woods has played 64 rounds since that day at Riviera, a total of 18 tournaments in 2018. He is ranked 13th in the world and finished 11th in the final Ryder Cup standings. Were there no minimum tournament divisor used in the formula for the world rankings, Woods would be ranked No. 1.

Woods had his chance to win the PGA Championship but the leader outplayed everyone and Tiger couldn’t do much more than what he was already doing.

Tiger Woods is an all-time great when it comes to the sport of golf. He has won 14 majors, second all-time behind Jack Nicklaus who has 18 major wins. Majors consist of The Masters, The PGA Championship, The U.S. Open, and The British Open.

Tiger has won all 4 of them and seems to be back on the come up for the 2019 season.

The last event of the year is the Ryder Cup which is Team USA and Team Europe. Tiger got picked to be on Team USA by team captain Jim Furyk.

After all the chances he had, he won the final event of the year for the 2018 PGA Season and it was truly epic.

Good luck to Tiger and hopefully he can win another major next year and shock the world.