Chocolate Walk

Chocolate+Walk

The 10th annual Lakewood Chocolate Walk is taking place on Thursday, October 25th. This event runs throughout downtown Lakewood, and is for residents that are 21 years old of older. The general admission tickets were $40, and a VIP tickets were $70. Tickets sale began at 10 am on October 1st, and the 350 tickets that were available were gone within the first couple of hours. Tickets were also being sold at Lion and Blue on September 29th.

The event will start at 6 pm and go until 9 pm. For general admission tickets, the night will begin at First Federal Lakewood on Detroit avenue. There, they will receive their supplies for the evening, including a map. Participants will then be able to go to any of the stops that they wish, and in any order. For the VIP tickets, the night will begin at Malley’s Chocolates at 5:15. There, they will be able to sample all different types of treats, appetizers, wine and beer. They also are provided with transportation from the Downtown Lakewood to the VIP reception.

For all of the attendees, the night ends back at First Federal Lakewood. There, they will turn in their completed Golden Egg Hunt form, and have refreshments. There is also a chance to win a 50/50 raffle and raffle baskets.

This fun evening is all planned by LakewoodAlive, and all of the proceeds go to the Downtown Lakewood Business Alliance and LakewoodAlive’s Downtown Lakewood Program. Hopefully, you have been able to participate in this event before, but if not, it is a great event to look into. As Lakewood resident, Heather Tobey said, “I really love the Chocolate Walk and have had a great time every year I’ve gone.”