Thursday October 11, 2018

College visit:  Today – University of New Haven 5° in the LRC

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 1.  As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, Lakewood Alive is partnering w/Plantation Home owner David Stein, to provide two $500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. This scholarship celebrates community service, pride in Lakewood, and a commitment to further strengthening the community.  Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Guidance office.  Each applicant should fill out the application and submit via email to [email protected] by November 15, 2018 at 5pm or mailed to:   (must be postmarked by 11/15/18)

LakewoodAlive

Attn:  LUL Queen & King Scholarship

14701 Detroit Ave., #LL10

Lakewood, OH 44107

Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.

First year rugby player K’lana Pointdexter has been named player of the weekend for the girls’ rugby team.  K’lana showed no fear when making tackles and big runs that led to tries being scored. Congratulations on a great weekend of play!

H2O is your connection to helping others in Lakewood and the greater Cleveland community.  Service opportunities are open to all students, and there is no minimum requirement.  Sign up for as many or as few events as you want.  Get all the details Tuesday morning, October 16, before school in the cafeteria.

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your sweetest how much they mean to you. Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 20. How are you going to celebrate it? Why not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member. You can purchase carnations for $1 starting today through next Thursday, October 18 during any lunch period. Carnations can also be purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202 or any Key Club member. The flowers and cards will be delivered to your first period class on Friday, October 19. Buy your carnations today for your sweetest and celebrate love and friendship!

Seniors!  Just want to give you something to think about over the long weekend.  All next week seniors will be able to come to the Bookroom to make nominations for your class song and class motto.

The Southwestern Conference Cheerleader competition will be held at North Olmsted High School on November 5. Tickets are on sale in the Athletic Office.  All tickets are $6.00.

In the Bookroom we have IDs that were found after the Homecoming dance.  If you hear your name, come to the Bookroom.

Omar Alodat, Alanni Duckworth, Hassan Mayingwa, Janiya Jones, Mohammad Masalmeh, Ahmad Nijem, Brianna Rojas, Shawnesy Rowe, Eden Sutliff, Elisabeth Tomko, Malak Zond.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Hot & Spicy Chicken and Cheese Wrap $3.50

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50