Monday October 15, 2018

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 1.  As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, Lakewood Alive is collaborating w/Plantation Home owner David Stein, to providetwo$500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. This scholarship celebrates community service, pride in Lakewood, and a commitment to further strengthening the community.  Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Guidance office.  Each applicant should fill out the application and submit via email to [email protected] by November 15, 2018 at 5pm or mailed to:   (must be postmarked by 11/15/18)

LakewoodAlive

Attn:  LUL Queen & King Scholarship

14701 Detroit Ave., #LL10

Lakewood, OH 44107

Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.

H2O is your connection to helping others in Lakewood and the greater Cleveland community.  Service opportunities are open to all students, and there is no minimum requirement.  Sign up for as many or as few events as you want.  Get all the details tomorrow morning, before school in the cafeteria.

Carnations are red, and the cards are too, tell your sweetest how much they mean to you. Sweetest Day is Saturday, October 20. How are you going to celebrate it? Why not purchase a carnation from a Key Club Member. You can purchase carnations for $1 starting today through next Thursday, October 18 during any lunch period. Carnations can also be purchased from Ms. Stephenson in room A202 or any Key Club member. The flowers and cards will be delivered to your first period class on Friday, October 19. Buy your carnations today for your sweetest and celebrate love and friendship!

Seniors!  All this week, you will be able to nominate your favorite song and motto to be voted on by the senior class to become your class song and class motto.  Come to the Bookroom to nominate your favorites.

The Southwestern Conference Cheerleader competition will be held at North Olmsted High School on November 5. Tickets are on sale in the Athletic Office.  All tickets are $6.00.

This fall, Barnstormers Drama Club will be performing The Laramie Project. This story focusses on the aftermath of Matthew Shepard’s murder. Matthew was a college student who, in October of 1998, was kidnapped and murdered because of his sexual orientation. Barnstormers club officers will be selling pins in Matt’s honor for $1, the proceeds of which will be donated to the Matthew Shepard foundation. Performances of The Laramie Project are November 1 at 7:30, November 2 at 4:00, and November 3 at 2:30 and 7:30. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased in the Book Room.

In the Bookroom we have IDs that were found after the Homecoming dance.  If you hear your name, come to the Bookroom.  Omar Alodat, Alanni Duckworth, Janiya Jones, Mohammad Masalmeh, Ahmad Nijem, Brianna Rojas, Shawnesy Rowe, Elisabeth Tomko, Malak Zond.

Attention all boys interested in playing high school basketball this season. There will be a brief informational meeting this Wednesday, October 17 after school in room A101. The meeting will be brief and cover the tryout process.

There will be a meeting Monday October 29 for all students that are interested in joining the wrestling team this season. The meeting will be in the upper part of the LHS cafeteria and will start at 3:10pm.

The first ever Herpetology Club meeting is this Wednesday, October 17 from 3:00-3:45 in room C111. Anyone with an interest in reptiles and amphibians is encouraged to attend. For more information, see Mr. Streets or Mrs. Krumroy.

Attention students! The end of the quarter is this week, which means that our drawing for $25 gift cards is Friday! Make sure to get your golden tickets turned in by Thursday afternoon for entry into Friday’s drawing.

Congratulations to the Boys Cross Country team. They brought home the SWC Championship on Saturday at a muddy rain soaked LCCC course. Cormac Kramer, Joseph Toole, Patrick McCallum, Tyler Hannah, Joe Kelly, James O’Donnell, and Aidyn Zingale ran outstanding races to bring the Rangers home the conference title, their second in three years. Way to go Rangers!

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Cheesy Pretzels .75¢

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50