Monday October 29, 2018

The Barnstormers Drama Club is performing The Laramie Project. Performances of The Laramie Project are November 1 at 7:30, November 2 at 4:00, and November 3 at 2:30 and 7:30. Tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased in the Book Room.

Winter is coming!  Anyone who would like to go on a ski & snowboard trip to Holiday Valley in New York should come to the meeting tomorrow at 3:05 in room C318.  This trip is open to anyone who is interested. See Ms. Flynn in C318 with any questions.

Colleges and Military visiting LHS this week are:

Tomorrow – Hiram College 4°- 5°and Wittenberg University 4°- 7°

Thursday, 11/1 – John Carroll 4° ~ Canisius College4°- 7° & US Army 4°- 7°

Friday, 11/2 – Baldwin Wallace University 4°

All College visits are held in the LRC and

Military visits are held in the Athletic Hallway

There will be a meeting today for all students that are interested in joining the wrestling team this season. The meeting will be in the upper part of the LHS cafeteria and will start at 3:10pm.

The Southwestern Conference Cheerleader competition will be held at North Olmsted High School on November 5. Tickets are on sale in the Athletic Office.  All tickets are $6.00.

There will be an informational Meeting for the LHS Dance Group tomorrow at 7:30am in Lecture Hall 1.  Hope to see you there!

Don’t miss your chance to show just how creative you are!

The PTA Reflections art contest is now underway & we need you!!!

“Heroes around me” is this year’s Reflections Theme!

Tap into your creativity using choreography, filmmaking, literature, music composition, photography, and/or visual art to create your own work of art! Lakewood is known throughout the state for our submissions, with several pieces moving on to the state, and national levels!

Pick up your PTA Reflections Entry Form today! Available in any of the house offices, and the bookroom.  Entries are due to the Main Office, by Tuesday, November 27th.

Come on! Tell us! Who are the “Heroes around you?” What do the “Heroes Around You” mean to you!

Are you ready for Halloween?  Do you want to support the class of 2019?  If so, this Friday, November 2ndyou are invited to show your Halloween spirit at school.  For a $1 donation, you will be permitted to dress up at school on Halloween.

Costumes must be school appropriate and follow the school dress code for theme and length of costume.  This means no masks, no fake weapons, and no costumes depicting drugs, alcohol, sexual innuendos, or smoking products.  This is a fun way to keep the Halloween spirit going, while raising funds for the class of 2019.  You are encouraged to participate but keep in mind that costumes must be school appropriate.

Are you interested in creating video? Would you want to be a video newscaster? If so, the LHS TV Studio Club is for you. Stop by the library for more information and plan on attending the first meeting tomorrow right after school in the LRC.

Hola!

Come to Spain with us for a Cultural and Artistic Experience!

We are traveling to Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, and Seville!  Spring break of 2020!

Join Mrs. Sedlak and Ms. Olear at the informational meeting on Thursday, November 8that 7pm in the Ranger Cafe.  Parents must attend this meeting!

Any Questions please visit Mrs. Sedlak in Room B210

There is a sign up meeting for the Girls Indoor Track Team taking place on Monday, Nov. 5, immediately after school in Lec. Hall 2.

Attention current NHS members: Any member planning to help deliver pumpkins to Bloom nursing home after school today, should report to Mr. Roth’s room, A210 directly after school today. Please see an officer or Mr. Roth with any questions.

Jazz band audition materials are now available in the band room. If you are interested in auditioning for jazz band please stop by and pick up the materials for your instrument. In addition please make sure to pick up the general information sheet. If you have any questions please see Mr. Hildebrand.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Popcorn Chicken $2.00

Deep Dish Turkey Pepperoni Pizza $2.50