Wednesday November 14, 2018

National Signing Day is today, Wednesday, November 14th. The Athletic Department invites all Seniors that have committed to participate in college athletics at the NCAA DI, D2, D3, NAIA or NJCAA level to participate in a mock signing during 4, 5, 6, or 7 lunch periods.

Seniors!  The Bookroom will be taking signups for elves today through Friday to collect donations for the Lakewood Charitable Assistance Corporation.  Come to the book room if you would like to sign up.

College and Military Visits this week are:

Today: Case Western Reserve University 4° & the U.S. Army ~ 4°-7°

Friday: U.S. Coast Guard ~ 4°-7°

All College visits are in the LRC and Military visits are in the Athletic Hallway

The Ranger Hub is closed today.

This year’s Light Up Lakewood Festival will be held on Saturday, December 1.  As part of lakewoodalive’s commitment to fostering & sustaining vibrant neighborhoods, Lakewood Alive is collaborating w/Plantation Home owner David Stein, to provide two $500.00 scholarships to Lakewood residents who are currently high school juniors. This scholarship celebrates community service, pride in Lakewood, and a commitment to further strengthening the community.  Application forms for this scholarship are available in the Guidance office & the Bookroom.  Applications are due by by 5:00pm tomorrow.

Attention reptile enthusiasts! Herpetology Club is meeting today at 3:00 in room C111. There will be reptile-themed snacks and activities. Feel free to bring a dish or game. New members are always welcome!

Do you like to ski or snowboard? Do you want to go on a trip to Holiday Valley in New York? Any student interested should see Ms. Flynn in C318 for information.  Get your deposit to the Bookroom by November 30th to reserve a spot on the bus!  Time is running out!  The trip is Saturday, January 12, 2019.

ATTENTION SENIORS: Remember to turn in your SENIOR ACCOMPLISHMENT form and class poll ballot to Mr. Ebner in Room B207 by the end of the day, this Friday November 16.

Seniors, Jostens will be in the cafeteria during lunch periods today to take your orders.

A reminder about detentions:  All 3:15 after school detentions are no longer held in the Cafeteria.

Detentions are now divided by house office at the following room locations:

House-1 detentions will be in the ISA room

House-2 detentions will be in room A313

House-3 detentions will be in room C318

2:15 after school detentions still report to the Cafeteria.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Popcorn Chicken $2.00

NEW to LHS…an EXTRA LARGE slice of Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice.