Lakewood Basketball All-star Team 2019

Lakewood Basketball All-star Team 2019

This is looking to be an exciting year for the Ranger’s Varsity Boy’s Basketball team. Last year they finished 22-3 and won the Conference. Lakewood ended up losing 2 games to D1 power-house St. Edwards and one early loss to Olmsted Falls. This year the Lakewood boys are posed and prepared to go far again. Lead by Coach Cammock, the Rangers have put in the work and are ready to start the season.

Led by seniors Tommy Sala, Tim Smith, and Zion Darby, they are all players over 6ft 5in and all have a D2 commit. Sala is headed to play in Florida at Nova Southeastern University, Darby is committed to Fairmont State University, and Tim Smith is committed to play basketball at the California University of Pennsylvania.

We talked to senior Tommy Sala about his upcoming season.  “I can’t wait to start the season–” Sala said eagerly. ” I think we put the work in this offseason and worked more on playing as a team. We had a lot of talent last year and we needed to adjust, and I think we have.” We also wanted to know more about next year and his thoughts on playing in Florida. “It will be an experience for sure. I hope to make an impact as soon as I get there and I know the team they’re making down there will do big things in the future.”

Toledo Whitmer HS will host the Rangers for a scrimmage on November 17th, 2018. Their first game is away V.S St. Edward HS on 11/30/2018. Their home opener is against Berea Midpark HS on 12/11/2018.