Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson

2 PGA golfers went at it last Friday in a 1 on 1 match. Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. It was a battle to remember between these 2 golf legends. They played at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas. Also a pay-per-view event on TV.

Results:

Phil Mickelson finally ended “The Match” with Tiger Woods by knocking in a 5-foot birdie on the 22nd hole as this golf match went into a playoff.

Mickelson was 1 up on Woods and had him on the edge of a cliff going to the 17th hole, a long par 3.

Lefty Phil Mickelson hit a great approach where a birdie would have closed the match for him to secure the $9 million. But of course Tiger Woods chipped in from the back of the green to win the hole and get even with Mickelson.

Phil Mickelson said “You’ve been doing that crap to me for 20 years, I’m not sure why I’d be surprised now.” (Golf.com)

The birdie followed three playoff pars from both legends (two on the 93-yard hole) after the pair was all square following 18 regulation holes at Shadow Creek in Las Vegas.

“A day like today is not going to take anything away from [Tiger’s] greatness,” said Mickelson. “He’s the greatest of all time. But to have just a little bit of smack talk for the coming years means a lot to me because I really don’t have much on him. He always drops the big picture, and it’s the trump card. But to have a day like today, I never thought we’d go to this extra hole. My heart just can’t take much more of it.” (Golf.com)

Woods had many opportunities to come back and win this match. Many missed putts but came clutch with the chip to tie it up. Unfortunately for Tiger fans, he couldn’t pull through with winning the playoff.