Friday December 7, 2018

The Lakewood Police Dept. will be conducting their annual citizen police academy starting Jan 10th and running until March 28th. The classes are on Thursdays from 6pm-9pm and covers various aspects of police work. There are two spots open to eligible juniors or seniors in good standing, who are interested in a career in law enforcement. If interested, please see Officer Acklin in room B126.

On Saturday, December 15th, be part of a Lakewood tradition providing food for Lakewood families in need during the Holiday season with Lakewood Charitable Assistance Corporation. Sign up outside the H2O office in the cafeteria to help pack food and ride along to deliver bags and spread Holiday cheer throughout our city.

Are you searching for a new club to join?  Do you like to read for pleasure and talk about books?  Consider attending the first meeting of The Dead Tree Society, Lakewood High School’s very own book club.  Come to room C209 after school on Tuesday, December 11, and find out how you can be a part of a fun club in a relaxing environment!  If you have questions, contact Mrs. Lewis in room C209.  Hope to see you there!

We hope that everyone is having fun decorating their classroom doors for the holidays, because today is the last day to decorate.  Judging will take place next Monday, Dec.10 and the trophy will be awarded on Tuesday.

This is an important announcement to all students who will be taking the AIR Math exam next week.  Remember to bring your calculators with working batteries to the test.

Tis the season to break out your UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATERS!  Wednesday, December 12, is UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER DAY.  Student Council wants to see you deck the halls of LHS with seasonal attire!

The winter one acts, have their first crew meeting Monday, December 10th.   Please meet Ms. Sabin in room B208. We will begin painting the set backdrops.  Plan to stay until 5pm.  If you have any questions, see or email Ms. Sabin

FOR THOSE STUDENTS TAKING THE ALGEBRA AIR TEST TUESDAY, THERE WILL BE A REVIEW SESSION WITH MR. BURGESS BEFORE THE TEST IN ROOM B201.  SESSION BEGINS AT 7:45 AND RUNS UNTIL THE TEST BEGINS.

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

Friday Fries $1.00

Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice.