LHS Hockey Upcoming Weekend and Recap

This Saturday, your Lakewood High School Rangers varsity hockey team takes on NDCL in a home game at Serpentini Ice Arena in Lakewood The puck drops at 7:40 PM as the Rangers seek a sweep this weekend.

This Sunday, the hockey squad also takes on Brecksville in Brooklyn, Ohio at 6:45 PM. Hopefully a positive weekend for the team. They need a win streak started and it starts here.

The Lakewood Rangers snagged their first Greater Cleveland High School Hockey League Blue division win on December 2nd as they defeated the Mayfield Wildcats 6-1. The game was away as they took one away from their home game.

Junior captain Will Holden led the way for Lakewood as he scored three times for a hat trick while Freshman defenseman Austin Scherer scored twice and sophomore defenseman Alex Blinky also scored for the Rangers.

Holden also had an assist, while Senior Captain Ben Manner had two assists, freshman forward Dylan Yatson had two assists and Senior forward Jared Yocabet and Senior forward Kyle Priddy also got an assist. It was a night of scoring for the Rangers.

Junior goaltender Rob Holden turned away 10 Wildcat shots while notching his second victory of the season.

Forward junior captain Will Holden said “Get the brooms out, it’s go time. We need our student section and we need ranger fans there. Go Lakewood.” very eager for 2 wins back on our record.

The two teams will see each other again on Saturday night January 5th, Alumni night, when they face off in a 7pm contest at Serpentini Ice Arena in Lakewood. No doubt they need a jam-packed arena for that game.

Forward and defense men senior captain Benjamin Manner said “We gotta come out with 2 wins this weekend, we are capable and ready to do so. Let’s get it. Go Lakewood.”

As the Rangers prepare for their weekend. They hope to secure 2 wins this weekend and see a large loud crowd on Saturday night.