Sandy Hook School Receives Threat

Sandy Hook School Receives Threat

A bomb threat had forced a school evacuation on the Sandy Hook Elementary school on Friday Dec. 14, 2018, the same day that memorial services and moments of silence to mark the massacre of the 26 people killed in the Sandy Hook massacre. Police Lt. Aaron Bahamonde said “obviously there’s a heightened level of anxiety, it’s not unexpected that these anniversaries bring out the evil in people.”

This massacre happened on the morning of Dec. 14, 2012 when a 20-year-old gunman shot his way into the school and shot and killed 26 people before he killed himself. The school building where the shooting happened was completely destroyed and a new one was built at the same place.

Around 9 a.m., teachers and students at the school were sent out while the police could do a sweep of the building. The police didn’t seem to think that the threat was credible. The police were trying to find out who made the threat it was still unclear at the time if it was related to the threats that were all over on Thursday.

One the anniversary of the shooting church bells chimed and the town offices were closed from 9:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. to honor the shooting victims. Lakewood High Schools very own Alexander Blinky said,” This is horrible, a lot of people are still trying to get over what happened in 2012. I’m also glad that they had the church bells going and the town offices were closed for a short period of time to show respect and sympathy to the ones who were killed in the 2012 shooting.”