Double Shooting in Cleveland

Double Shooting in Cleveland

In the early hours of January 11, a double shooting occurred in East Cleveland. Around 2:30 in the morning police were called to the Alibi Inn, which is located on Rockwell Avenue. When police arrived to the scene, they found two people who had been wounded. One of the injured was a 27-year-old man who suffered a bullet wound to the foot, the other was a 32-year-old man who was shot in the leg. Both of the injured persons were taken to the hospital, where they remained in stable condition.

Police are investigating the shooting currently. The investigators found 15 to 20 shell casings on the street outside of the Alibi Inn. So far there has not been any information released on suspects. This is not the first time police have been called to the Alibi Inn for a shooting, as a similar incident occurred in 2016.

The shooting outside of the club in 2016 holds a lot of similarities to the most recent one. Police were called to the Alibi Inn around two in the morning. In this case the victim was a man who was shot inside the club named James Hennings. The 55-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the leg and later died from the injury. Two others were also injured as a result of the shooting. According to police, the gunfire erupted after an argument in the club.

When informed of the most recent incident and the similar one before it Lakewood High School Tayt Armitage shared his thoughts, saying, “It’s crazy to me that people would still go there after two shootings, especially since someone died in one of them.”