Tuesday January 15, 2019

The Winter Dance will be held on Saturday, February 2nd.  Tickets are now on sale in the Book Room.  Pick up your permission form today on the table outside of the Book Room.

The History Club will present a program on U.S. policy toward immigration and refugees today at 3:05pm in room C315 – all are welcome

Purchase your tickets in the Bookroom for the Lakewood Project Concert “a Night at the Movies,” this Saturday, January 19th.  Tickets are going fast.

Please stop by the athletic office to sign up for girls’ rugby today during your lunch period only. Passes back to class or study hall will not be issued.

Looking for new ways to de-stress?  Did you know yoga is more than just movement? The LHS Yoga Club will meet today after school in C112. Come see what yoga is all about!

Art Club and National Art Honor Society is starting up again. Come to our first official meeting this Thursday. We will meet after school in B206 until 4pm

Attention all NEW National Honor Society members.  Induction ceremony RSVPs and membership fees are due to the book room by this Friday.  Please see Mr. Roth in room A210 with any questions.

On Monday, January 21st, join H2O and the Race and Diversity club in making MLK Day a day of service to others, instead of a day off.  We’ll spend the morning volunteering in the community then come together for lunch and reflection of Dr. King’s legacy.  Sign up in the H2O office in the cafeteria.

Feeling cold in the morning???  The junior class will be selling hot chocolate by the Pool Doors, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday for $1 dollar in the morning to warm up your day!

The senior class is holding a Paint Night fundraiser on Thursday, Jan 24th from 5-7 pm in the art atrium.  The cost for the lesson is $25 and is open to staff and students, with limited space for 30 artists.  Canvas and paint are included.

Nominations for the PTA Educator of the Year and Helping Hands awards are due this Friday, January 18th.  PTA invites you to think of whom you are grateful for at Lakewood High. Forms are available in the Book Room.

Gamers Club will have its first meeting of the year this Friday, January 18, in Lecture Hall 3 from 3-5 pm.

Seniors, who have been accepted to O.S.U…The Ohio State Alumni Club Scholarship deadline has been extended until January 25.  The link is available in Naviance.

Seniors now is the time to complete the FAFSA to see what Financial Aid you may be eligible for through your college. Mrs. Sandoval is available Tuesday through Thursday to help. Also, remember that Naviance has over 650 Scholarships and local scholarships are being added on a regular basis

Attention Students,

The 2019 Yearbook staff is is need of pictures…

SENIORS: We are looking for great pictures for the SENIOR MEMORIES section of the book. We need pictures of you and your friends from pre-school, elementary school and middle school.

ALL STUDENTS: We need pictures for the JOBS and PETS pages of the book. Bring us pics of you and your LHS co-workers and pics of you with your beloved pet.

Pictures can be uploaded directly to the Yearbook Staff through the free JostensREPLAY-IT app or you can drop off pictures (digital or hard copy) to Mr. Ebner in Room B207.

Thanks for your help!

Today’s à la cartes in the cafeteria are:

BBQ Chicken and Cheese Wrap $3.50

Papa John’s Cheese, or Pepperoni Pizza, $3.00 per slice