Movies To Watch On Valentine’s Day: Netflix and Hulu

Movies To Watch On Valentines Day: Netflix and Hulu

Whether you’re alone this Valentine’s Day or with your significant other, watching a movie can be a romantic and enjoyable time.

Movie genres from romantic to horror, here are some movies to watch this upcoming Valentine’s Day in celebration of the holiday.

(All movies will be indicated on Hulu or Netflix)

(Credit: liketotally80s.com)

Dirty Dancing (1987) (Hulu)

“Baby (Jennifer Grey) is a few months away from joining the Peace Corps; a few months from freedom. Her final act of teenage rebellion going against her father’s wishes and participating in her Catskill resort’s dance routine. In all of movie history, there’s not much that compares to the sexual tension between Baby and Johnny (Patrick Swayze) during their final performance.” – www.refinery29.com

You’ll definitely have the ‘time of your life’ watching this romantic classic. Ha! See what I did there?

Trailer: Dirty Dancing – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist (2008) (Hulu)

“High school student Nick O’Leary, member of the Queercore band The Jerk Offs, meets college-bound Norah Silverberg when she asks him to be her boyfriend for five minutes”- IMDb

Trailer: Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist – Trailer

(Credit: www.amazon.co)

The Twilight Saga (2008-2012) (Hulu)

Recently just voted “The Worst Movie Of All Time,” Twilight is number two on our list. These movies were literally 2000’s and 2010’s culture.  The Twilight Saga is a series of five romantic vampire and werewolf fantasy films. Watch as Edward, the cold-blooded vampire, and Jacob, the big dangerous werewolf, fight to win Bella’s love throughout the movie series. Are you #TeamEdward or #TeamJacob?

Trailer: The Twilight Saga (in order) – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

A Walk To Remember (2002) (Hulu)

Warning: this movie may cause tears. Troublemaker high school senior, Landon, falls in love with a religious, soft girl that he and his one friends once scorned. The two develop a changing and meaningful relationship in which they discover a big truth from each other.

Trailer: A Walk To Remember – Trailer

(Credit: www.Hulu.com)

Down (2019) (Hulu)

If you’re into scary movies, I recommend this Hulu original horror film. Down is a pair of office of workers get trapped in an elevator over a long Valentine’s Day weekend, but what at first promises to be a romantic connection turns dangerous and horrifying in this mash-up of rom-com and horror film genres.

Trailer: Down – Trailer

(Credit: IMDb)

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (2018) (Netflix)

The movie that was the talk of the end of the summer, To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is a teen romance based of the 2014 romantic novel by Jenny Han. Officially announcing the sequel to the movie in late 2018, this movie may be something you might want to watch.

Lara Jean, a quiet bookworm, who spends time writing love letters to all the boys she loves, which anonymously all get sent to each of the boys.  Lara Jean’s whole life is turned upside down, but does she get her true love in the end?

Trailer: To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

The Incredible Jessica James (2017) (Netflix)

Jessica, a confident, intelligent and badass black woman, is trying to get over her recent break-up when she meets another man, Boone, on a blind date, who is also going through a hard time from a recent split. Both try to see if the can make it in the relationship in today’s society. Played by the outstanding actress, Jessica Williams.

Trailer: The Incredible Jessica James – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

Princess Cyd (2017) (Netflix)

Princess Cyd, a LGBTQ Netflix film, is about a 16-year old girl who visits her aunt in Chicago for the summer. While there, Cyd falls for another girl. This not only brings an awakening for Cyd, but also a reawakening for her aunt as well. The film has been praised for its strong female characters.

Trailer: Princess Cyd – Trailer

(Credit: Target.com)

Love, Rosie (2014) (Netflix)

A love story about Rosie and Alex. They met when they were just five-years old and have been best-friends ever since. While growing up, they became more distant, but the universe brought them right back together every-time. Is it meant to be? or are they just meant to stay best friends?

Trailer: Love, Rosie – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

Alex Strangelove (2018) (Netflix)

In a time where a high school senior plans on losing his virginity to his girlfriend, only for it to get complicated when he meets Elliot, a handsome and charming man, who helps Alex figure out his sexual identity.

Trailer: Alex Strangelove – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

Spectacular Now (2013) (Netflix)

Sutter is a wild and popular party animal who meets Aimee, an introvert and the complete opposite of his lifestyle. They meet while Sutter wakes up on a stranger’s lawn. As Sutter deals with the problems in his life and Aimee prepares for her future, an unexpected romance grows between them.

Trailer: The Spectacular Now – Trailer

(Credit: Google.com)

Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008) (Netflix)

“Based on the books by Louise Rennison, this tale follows 14-year-old Georgia Nicholson as she attempts to woo Robbie, one half of a pair of fraternal twins. Prone to getting herself into embarrassing situations and worried about her parent’s marriage, Georgia discovers that being a teen can be a pain in the neck.” – Wikipedia.com

Trailer: Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging – Trailer

“I think that watching movies on Valentine’s Day is great, especially if you’re single and alone.” – Kamar, LHS.