YMW Melly Arrested

YMW Melly Arrested

Rising Florida rap star YNW Melly has caught a pair of homicide charges. Melly has been said to have shot two of his close friends. With the help from another man, the shooting was set up to look like a drive-by, according to Miramar police. In a post on YNW Melly’s official Instagram on Wednesday evening, a statement from the rapper said he was turning himself in.

YNW Melly, whose legal name is Jamell Demons, has been arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the October 2018 shooting deaths. Demons is a 19-year-old rapper from Gifford FL, who moved to Broward County as his music career began to take off. Cortlen Henry, 20, has also been arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree murder.

The victims were aspiring artists such as Demons. Anthony ‘Sak’ Williams and Christopher ‘Juvy’ Thomas, also known as YNW Sakchaser, and YNW Juvy where looking to make their way into the music industry. The two men were said to have been lifelong friends of Demons.

We talked to senior Emma Walker on how she felt about the charges, and what her position towards Mellys music is? “Id likes to think YNW Melly is not guilty, but the whole situation won’t stop me from listing to his music. If that’s the kind of person he is, his music truly reflects that.”

YNW Mellys hit single Murder On my Mind blew up in 2018 and the hype around Melly’s music has grown since. He recently released an album, which included big-name feature Kanye West on his song Mixed Personality. You can check out Melly’s music on all platforms.